1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods injured

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mngwa, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

L.A. and California might be different than Rhode Island, where I was a court and cops reporter, but there was no exception for celebrities when it came to accident reports. Any Joe Shmore with $5 for the copying costs could get the paperwork for the DUI of the Congressional candidate, or read about the creepo arrested at Taylor Swift's vacation home.

This thing stinks more as more gets reported about it. How do you not collect and test the blood of a guy with the well-known issues of Tiger Woods? Yeah, he mostly fucked himself up in this accident, but it's not hard to imagine situations where his accident is a situation more akin to what Andy Reid's son is facing right now.

SixToe and matt_garth like this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

His phone's browser history prior to the crash must be lit

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Next time we see Tiger swinging a club for anything other than funsies will most likely be on the Champions Tour in 2026, after he turns 50. They ride carts.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I bet Tiger never plays on the old farts’ tour. He doesn’t need the money and doesn’t want that to be the lasting image of him. Let his legacy be what he did on the big boys’ tour.

My two cents.

JC likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My prediction is Tiger plays golf the way Lance Armstrong rides a bike these days...around the neighborhood, for shits and grins.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

with superhuman levels of steroid metabolites in his tissues

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Won't reveal out of "privacy concerns" -- for a guy that crashed on a public road. Pathetic, yet not the least bit surprising. Does Steiny get a bonus?

matt_garth likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not to mention the tax payer funded resources that were used to rescue him and apparently cover up a crime.

10. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Jim Thorpe on why Greg Norman didn’t play the Champions Tour:

"I'll tell wou why Greg Norman doesn't play the Champions Tour. Greg
    Norman doesn't want to get beat by Dana Quigley and Allen Doyle, and
    he doesn't need to to beat Dana Quigley and Allen Doyle to keep flying
    his helicopter."

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Did the cops mention the hundred dollar bills scattered across the back seat?

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If it’s nothing illegal, why do you deserve to know?

Draft saved Draft deleted