1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would we see that's "you" in your house?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WriteThinking, Mar 3, 2021.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I keep the ones that delight me for whatever reason. I would love to keep full runs, but just don't have the room and know I won't read every issue of everything again.

For instance: I have this one from my wasted youth:

bananas gilda.png

But my copies of Western Horseman, SI, and Tiger Beat didn't make the cut.

Then there's this:

archy cover.gif
    The article doesn't say much about what they were smoking back then. What makes this a keeper is the cover teases pages of pictures of happy little clay Olmecs with teeny nads gettin' baked. No way this one is going to the free pile at the library.
    Yes, I have the sensibility of the nine-year-old.

I have five magazine files filled with issues that continue to be sources of happy distraction. Dunno if this helps.

I got my boxed set out of a UBS free bin. The clerk told me they couldn't sell it. There was a woman my mother's age who looked like she wanted to kill me when I picked it up. Oh, that Dabney! And you're right, it's a great series.

There was a craze for Nat Geos among the crafty set a couple of years ago. The ink they used would transfer onto nearly anything by brushing on orange oil cleaner.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    Octave likes this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Oscar-
    I have been watching a heck of a lot of Time Team on YouTube. Such a great show. I ordered a few T-shirts online a few weeks ago.

My grandpa had dozens of National Geographics in his room. I kept a lot of those.

Photography was first-rate. You're right though, the ink doesn't stand the test of time.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In my house? More books than I really have places to put them.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I love Time Team.

Going to tackle my photo books next. There are some very good anthologies of NatGeo's photography. This is my favorite:
    natgeo.jpg

Octave likes this.
  5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Nice. They don't make them like that anymore.

The artfulness of some of my dinosaur books reveals a fair bit about the lost world of publishing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    OscarMadison likes this.
  6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

One piece of furniture that says “me”? Hmmmmmm.

playthrough and ChrisLong like this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Me on the left, her on the right:

me.jpg wife.jpg

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

When I bought my house, I had been living in bland, boring, beige-walled apartments for far too long. My living room is purple (with a shrine of K-State memorabilia, including a K-State Santa that hangs out near the entry way year around).

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Hey, I like pops of color.:)

I'd like to see your K-State-purple living room!

11. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

BB066585-8B59-45DE-A496-F872B95FC018.jpeg

Mngwa likes this.
  12. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Our house is populated with lots of art and lots of books. The art we collect is all pretty colorful, and we have one blue wall in the living room, so there's a bunch of color everywhere. It's not to everyone's liking, and that's fine. Everyone doesn't live here; we do, and we like it.

Draft saved Draft deleted