1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athletic, Axios talking merger?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FileNotFound, Mar 26, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

If they can't be a high quality publisher then I guess Axios can buy one. LOL

2. ChadFelter

ChadFelter Active Member

It's sad that you're so bitter about your journalism career that you have to make a fake name called "Sports Barf" so you can go on a message board and insult a woman you've never met just because she found success in her career. There's no shame in not being able to hack it in this industry anymore, and there are better ways to deal with it than spewing sexist bigotry all over a message board.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

She’s not gonna fuck you, my guy.

4. ChadFelter

ChadFelter Active Member

Is this a sports journalism message board or Barstool.com? No wonder this industry has such a diversity problem.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Ah yes anyone who doesnt like the Canes writer’s style must be a barfstool mysoginist. Cant possibly be that their sense of humor doesnt match or that they want serious coverage

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You really are a fucking moron. I’m only aware of one person here who likes Barstool. The rest of us openly treat that trash site with derision.

7. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Hi Chad I’m just here for the ratio

8. ChadFelter

ChadFelter Active Member

Well, you seem to think the only reason a guy could have for pointing out sexism must be if there’s some kind of sexual gain to be had, so I think you’d fit right in at BarStool.

Here’a an alternative to consider: As a POC, I’m conscious of the little microaggressions people make toward others who look different than them. For example, Mr. Barf calling a woman’s tweets “insane weirdo crap” and insinuating that she doesn’t know anything about hockey. The word choice and implication would be entirely different if the reporter were a man.

It’s interesting, though I suppose not surprising, that the names I see rooting against the The Athletic all the time are the same ones triggered by women having good jobs in this business. It’s 2021, folks. Print is dying and women are in the workforce now. You’re going to have to get it over it sooner or later.

9. Sports Barf

She once asked twitter to do her taxes for her.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

No way. Really?

11. Sports Barf

Way

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

hundreds of thousands Twitter followers will also keep you out of medical bankruptcy or some other situation when your life goes to shit and someone starts a gofundme for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted