1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barrett Jackson Scottsdale 21

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Anyone watched any of this?

They auctioned off a VIN 1 2021 Mustang Mach 1 last night that made my nipples harder than Chinese Algebra.

Only $500,000

Super Saturday is where things get bizarre. There is a 2018 Ford GT with 15 miles on it going through tonight that will bring insane money. Also, the first new big Bronco.

Ive got to get there someday.

bigpern23 and FileNotFound like this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sheep go to heaven = goats go to ship? wut?

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

A ‘68 C88 Corvette went for $2.275m in Glendale at Mecum. Unbelievable.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I went to a Barrett Jackson auction in West Palm Beach several years ago, and it was awesome. You can walk among all the cars parked out back and see them up close, and hear them run as they drive them to and from the auction block. Great day for a gearhead like me.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You mean L88. "C88" deals with airbags. Last I checked, airbags were neither standard equipment nor a sought-after aftermarket addition for a C2 or C3 Corvette.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yeah I don’t know my specifics.

7. Sam Mills 51

Would like to know what bidders saw.

Now ... offer that for a pristine '63 Corvette and you have no surprise.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I saw some of it on Thursday, but missed Super Saturday. I went to a Barrett Jackson auction in 2019 at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut and I have to echo FNF’s sentiment. Went with my dad, father-in-law, three nephews and my son, and it was an absolute blast. My son was 6 at the time and I thought he’d be bored by the auction itself. We took turns guessing the amount cars would gavel for (Price is Right rules) and the kids were totally into it. Really fun time.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I used to go to Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale every year. I knew a guy who was a driver there - he was one of the people who would get the cars and drive them up onto the action block. He gave us passes to get in each year. It was a blast to walk through the fields of cars waiting to be auctioned.

(Then my ticket hookup went to prison for molesting his daughter. Always thought he was a squirrelly little fucker, but I wasn’t expecting THAT.)

Tighthead likes this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Shelby’s own 66 Super Snake goes for 5 million last night.
    Incredible car.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Sam Mills 51

Imagine what one of those FoMoCo prototypes that was developed to race Le Mans in the '60s would bring now.

OscarMadison and bigpern23 like this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm going to go in August down in Monterey, CA.

Little off topic but met up with buddy who's got a pristine '03 Mustang Cobra, only 30k on the clock, 6 speed. Damn that was fun, never knew it had a supercharger. You barely get into 3rd going 60, just a beautiful sounding beast and tight too. Man kinda wish I had driven it before I bought my Mazda Miata conv. (Ah, the little engine that could is still super fun to drive too.)

misterbc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted