1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, we made it through ok. Lots of damage all over the general area. Now we can breathe a little. The next line of storms isn't due till Saturday.

Driftwood and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Yepper. Really nice day today. Couple of close lightning strikes last night, but nothing that knocked the power out. Tomorrow remains to be seen.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's 86 here today. Actually was sweating like a pig on an afternoon walk.

Driftwood likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Looks like a few doglegs went bye-bye.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We dodged a big bullet in Mississippi. The storms developed a little further east than were forecast, which spared the western half of the state. Meanwhile, there was a multiple-fatality wreck on I-20 that shut down the interstate between Jackson and Vicksburg for almost 12 hours. Caused a 10-mile backup -- and not just slow traffic, but a dead stop for most of it -- and all of the two-lane back roads were barely creeping along as alternate routes. As bad as that was, the thought of a few severe thunderstorms or tornadoes approaching that part of the interstate while hundreds of people are sitting there helpless in their cars makes me shudder.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I was in South Carolina yesterday. It was 83 degrees. By the time I got home last night, it was 53. I thought I was freezing to death.

8. Neutral Corner

Leading edge of today's storm front just went over. Torrential rain, and I think all of the carport roof is still attached. Lots of bang-boom noises as it passed. Look at this mother.

upload_2021-3-28_8-13-25.png

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Here in New England, this storm mostly is seen as a source of much needed rain after a cold, windy but very dry winter. As I've said before here, our weather often sucks, but it's seldom actively dangerous.

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

On a lighter note, a Canadian Goose left me this poop that reminds me of The Thinker upload_2021-3-28_9-43-26.jpeg

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

That red/orange/yellow line hit like Joe Frazier.

12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I think we just got lucky. That sharp-edge, fast-moving cold front this morning lost almost all of its punch coming across the Blue Ridge. Atlanta TV was calling for 65-plus mph straight-line winds, and we barely saw the pines move. Whew. Expecting the worst and got less than a typical summer thunderboomer out of it.

ChrisLong likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted