1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Keeping you and yours in my thoughts as well, dixiehack. I see another supercell cropping up around Childersburg now. I'd hate for that Days Inn to get damage, just weeks before 'Dega.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That one has wobbled like an infield drunk, so it absolutely could be in play.

maumann likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I picked my son up in Childersburg just as the first one was going through Pelham. I made the run through Sylacauga, 'dega, and across to Lincoln PDQ. Gonna be a lot of trees down.

You know how it goes. Tornados cut a fairly narrow swath, you have to be unlucky for it to hit you. That said, I know a couple of people up in Center Point whose homes took damage from the last tornado that hit us. It happens. And there are some damn powerful straight line winds whether you get hit or not.

maumann likes this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I hope it goes through now. I have to go to Greenwood on Saturday.

5. dixiehack

Only mentioned in passing by one of the local affiliates, but apparently Shoal Creek Golf Club got torn up good. No word if the white sheet collection is still intact.

maumann and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. maumann

When you get sent to Talladega for 17 consecutive races, you have one of two choices: Get your Marriott/Hilton points at I-459/U.S. 280 and pray the race day traffic on I-20 moves well enough to get you to the track before the first drunken infield brawl, or scour the countryside for little towns with available hotel rooms and the back way into the track.

And that's how I found the Jim Nabors Memorial Highway, the only restaurant in Childersburg that takes AMEX, the Blue Bell ice cream plant and where to hide in the lobby at the old Jameson in Sylacauga when the tornado siren goes off. And yes, all roads do lead to DeSoto Caverns, but I still haven't stopped.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Yeah, the Greystone area took a hit from the first one. Pelham to Greystone to Pell City to Lincoln and on.

8. Neutral Corner

9. maumann

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Does Brian Kemp live in a trailer park?

11. dixiehack

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted