1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports News Editor / Social Media Assistant WANTED - REMOTE

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Marina Bay, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Marina Bay

Marina Bay New Member

Looking for a part-time contractor (remote work) for a fast-growing online media company that produces the news about the fights without gloves (bare knuckle). Fights are legalized. Please see more info about them here: Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship - Wikipedia

Experience in sports journalism and solid skills in major social media platforms are a MUST.

The work schedule is flexible, but once or twice a month it is necessary to work late + the weekends (during the fights).

We are a news channel, quick turnaround of tasks is essential.
    It's a FAST PACE environment.

Please contact Marina Bay at marinabayasia@gmail.com with the same title, any questions, your resume/portfolio, and three work references.

Marina

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

are these fights legal?

3. Marina Bay

Marina Bay New Member

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I wonder if suplexes and DDTs are legal, too.

cjericho and Baron Scicluna like this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Most suplexes are legal, but it’s never been made clear why referees allow the tights to be pulled in a duplex, but not allow the tights to be pulled during a pin attempt.

cjericho likes this.
  6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

All kidding aside, I saw a kid suplex his opponent at a state tournament. Of course, he got DQ'd. If only Howard Finkel had been around to announce, "Your winner as the result of a disqualification...." Kid said he suplexed the dude because he got tired of getting headbutted.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Whenever I hear the name of a city or town, I try to hear it in Howard’s voice.

“... from HELL, Michigan, weighing 321 pounds
    ...”

The same when a spring training game ends in a tie.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the innings limit has expired. The umpires have ruled this game ... A DRAW!!!” (Fans boo).

Tarheel316 likes this.
  8. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

If I get the job, I get a new caravan for me mah. If I lose...ah fuggit if I lose the fight’s for free

garrow and cjericho like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted