1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MCU thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 11, 2020.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That was really a remarkably well done change in character. They realized Thor wasn't working and they let Hemsworth take advantage of his comedic chops to remake the character and he's been brilliant since Ragnarok. At first, it was a bit of a jarring change, but it really grew on me.

heyabbott likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the change in Ragnarok and Infinity War, but playing depressed Thor for laughs was one of the worst parts of Endgame.

3. outofplace

The action sequence at the beginning, including the use of that character, was a highlight of the episode.

I'm curious how they are going to play the reveal at the end and the reasons behind it, specifically the racial aspect of it.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I enjoyed today’s episode, and I like how everything is not so cut and dry.

I don’t want to throw everything out there, but there is a lot of minor groundwork being laid for the future. Not so much Thanos-level, but pieces.

5. Anyone watching Invincible on Prime?
    3 episode season. Love it!

6. outofplace

I posted about it on the geek thread. They dropped the first three episodes today and I watched them all. I binge-read the comic recently, so I knew where things were going, but I'm still enjoying it.

I haven't watched the second episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier yet, but I heard about an interesting character showing up. I hope they do that storyline justice.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

And Disney really is not sidestepping racial inequality.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Enjoying Falcon/Winter Soldier, but I think I can see where this is going from a villain perspective

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

It’s a much more ‘mature’ tone, that’s for sure.
    Kind of a detriment for my son. Who’s 8. Haha

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

If this series is doing anything it’s showing people what nuance is.

Is Zemo totally evil? Are the super soldiers? Is the CIA? Is the new Cap? Is the Leaper? Is the female who was introduced this week?

We are so us vs. them in America right, a little ducking nuance is well timed.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I wonder if I'm the only one who is simply burned out on the MCU. Too many movies, too close together. I have yet to watch the first episode of Wandavision or Falcon/Winter Soldier.

I like the movies, I simply got oversaturated to the point that I just refuse to engage. When "Black Widow" comes out, that I'll watch. Till then, there are lots of other shows.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

There was almost a two-year gap from Far From Home to WandaVision.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted