1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MCU thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think Wanda figured out how to disembody her witch half. Someone with a better comics knowledge correct me but it looked like what Dr. Strange does.

Then she heard Tommy call her name.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I thought it was a really good super hero episode, yet still fell flat. The seventh episode raised my expectations as to where we were going and we didn't quite get there.

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

There were a lot of hints to something big that never delivered (Monica's person on the hill, the big cameo, etc.). Some were based off comments by the actors that were misconstrued or were intentionally deceptive, some from hints in the show. But I think if you set that aside, the show was really good, not great. It's not one I'm yearning to re-watch any time soon.

But I do think it set up the next Doctor Strange nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing where they take Wanda and Vision next.

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Wow.

Who would have thought that a dark season finale would be hopeful?

JRoyal likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is the one thing that could ruin any Disney+ series, that they might be too focused on setting up the movies rather than telling their own good stories.

bigpern23, JRoyal and OscarMadison like this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

couldn’t she just go anywhere and ‘conjure’ up Vision and the kids? Create a smaller Westview or find an uninhabited place and just have a family vacation.

8. outofplace

If she could do that, we would have seen that in that cabin by Mount Wundagore. (At least, that is my guess as to where she was in the post-credits scene. It would make sense if they are trying to align more closely to the comics.)

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The kids are why she is studying the book.

10. outofplace

I think that is part of it, but I believe the encounter with Agatha Harkness left her wanting to understand her powers.

The book, The Darkhold, is bad news. It has been that in the comics. It was also an important MacGuffin in Agents of SHIELD and Runaways. I didn't watch those seasons of Agents of SHIELD or any of Runaways, but it is more than just a prop for WandaVision.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  11. outofplace

The show got me to go back and re-read House of M from the comics. There was absolutely no way to bring that story to the MCU as it stands now. I forgot just how good it was, especially the emotional stakes. Wanda remade the entire world, giving mutants control, but giving most of the other heroes some version of their dream life. That meant those dreams were ripped away, leaving some of them devastated. It also meant Wolverine finally regaining all of his lost memories, his entire life.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Came across what apparently is going to be a regular thing on Dis+ called Assembled. Only one episode so far, the making of WandaVision.

It’s really good if you like that sort of thing. Maybe they plan to do one for each new series? The flicks? Not sure.

Edit: Looked on IMDb. Series returns April 30, after Falcon/Soldier is over.

Draft saved Draft deleted