1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would we see that's "you" in your house?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WriteThinking, Mar 3, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I don't drink anymore but it's still a good place to shoot the shit.

My library is going to be my big project of '21. I want to close off another part of the basement just as a space to watch movies.

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Librarything is a great way to catalog what you have. I'm sorting and culling books and media right now and it comes in handy to track what I have, need to discard, etc.

4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Oscar, I don't know what to do with my magazines. I want to part with them but I don't. I'd rather throw out other shit before the magazines.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Books, dust here and there, pet bowls, books, paintings, a couch that needs replaced, clutter, books, dishes in the sink, fleece blankets, books.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Trick question. Moved too many times over the last bunch of years. Stuff, aside from my vehicle, fit in a 16-foot truck ... probably could have fit in a 10-foot truck but the 16-footer had the ramp to save backs and creaky knees.

My CDs – have not dumped any of them – and maybe the T-shirts, occasionally a jersey, worn when not wearing professional, formal sort of stuff.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Boardgames.

Lots and lots of boardgames.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Good thread topic.

Besides the books/CDs/crates of LPs (although my wife makes me keep the latter in my bedroom closet), anyone who enters through the garage would notice my license plate collection. I have gradually been picking them up at yard sales, antique shops, etc., and have 42 out of 50 states, arranged from west to east, left to right. Still missing the Carolinas, Virginia and West Virginia and a few New England states.

OscarMadison and spikechiquet like this.
  9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Wow, how different, and interesting! I'd love to see photos of all of those things. :)

And what, exactly is a moth breeding station? A mostly enclosed light bulb?

10. WriteThinking

What's your personal, and/or, the family's favorite?

I haven't played them in years, but I have fond memories of family games of Life, Monopoly, Battleship and Yahtzee. And, not exactly a board game, but Twister was also an oft-enjoyed past time during my family's youth.

11. WriteThinking

That room -- even just the little I can see of it -- looks great: very cozy and comfortable. Perfect for curling up with a good book.

12. WriteThinking

That's fantastic! Brings back memories for me of a "license plate game" my siblings and I would play to pass the time over the course of our family's many cross-country car trips.

I Should Coco likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted