1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Fuck Mark Turgeon and fuck you stupid fucking turtles. That is all.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Missouri Valley conference tournament unders.

I missed you. Good to have you back.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

WWMD?

What would Melvin do?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sweated out a mid-game under bet on the second OVC semifinal. I was fucked if it had gone to overtime. Also, I continue to find a weird level of success with late-night bets on Mexican soccer.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Is it me or are a bunch of conference tournament games ending in 62-57 rock fights?

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

From all I see, the Buffalo Sabres are a dumpster fire. I took the Islanders -190 the other day, and won. The same two teams play today, and the game line was -225. I took the Islanders -1.5 goals +115. I learned today that's called "the puck line". I don't know shit about hockey.

I also did a heavy favorite Big West UC moneyline parlay last night, UCs Riverside, Irvine and Santa Barbara at -180. It won. I am running it back with the same teams today. -170 this time.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My parlays were trash today, thanks Pitt. But I’ve hit two straight in game over unders (McNeese-Lamar under and UNC-Duke over) so that’s helped. Put a healthy bit of capital on the Tarleton-UT Rio Grande Valley under so I’m officially a degenerate.

EDIT: Though to your point, poin, the one thing I did hit on parlay one was Islanders -1.5. Felt great about that one.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  9. exmediahack

Yes and that’s common, especially with lower seeds. Neutral venue, no fans, fatigue from a lot of games in an unusual year.

I’ve won some overs on title game, however. Surprised I did.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Yeah, they ruined my 6 leg ML parlay. I had 4 wins in the books or imminent and Oregon was already up a dozen in the last game. I hedged Penn State when the Terps were up 7 or so and got decent odds (+1000) but only did it to guarantee a small profit rather than the bigger one.

11. exmediahack

A little pro tip I’ve learned for free rolls and small guarantee profits. But you’ll need Draft Kings/Bet Rivers and MGM.

Go to Action Network -> Odds. Look up NCAAM and then the totals. Not the spreads. The totals.

If you find a 1.5+ point difference between DK and MGM on a total, go compare the alt totals on each side and pound them. You’ll often find a +330/-300 on the same number. Or, for example, an O161.5 +220 / U162 -200 (free roll with a half middle).

I’ve made about 70-80 a day just finding 3 or 4 of these a day. They’re rare. Hit one half middle on Thursday for a crisp $300. Also... Tarleton/UTRGV? I found a 1.5 difference there and had about $850 tied up in it. :)

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

BetMGM has all but banned me after a couple months of solid winning, unfortunately more of my arbitrage plays cashed there and some gumshoe (or a bot) sniffed me out. Though the actual dollar amount wouldn't make a teller blink on an NFL Sunday at the Mirage sports book. I should have sprinkled in a few losing parlays along the way to disguise myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted