1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Sep 22, 2020.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Two games left in the regular season and apparently Texas A&M is on track to play tonight after missing the entirety of February. If they would just dip out the SEC could have a fairly clean 12-team bracket, but no we have to play along with this farce and create a Wednesday play-in game absolutely no one wants.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

TV money. Gotta get that.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Hokies’ regular season is over. The unintended consequence of all this is that the latest cancellations ensure they will get a double-bye.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

... and spares N.C. State a loss Saturday at the ESA. Syracuse was the school not originally scheduled to play this coming weekend, but NCSU and the Orange have already played twice.

So NCSU played its final game at the ESA and didn't know it. Last game is tonight at South Bend.

Welp. More time to prepare for the ACC Tournament.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Va Tech can persevere through this season, then no one else in the conference has an excuse. New coach, new players, lots of interruptions. If you couldn’t get your team of McDonald’s All Americans and 4& 5 Star recruits to play well, it’s on the coaching staff, not the kids.

6. dixiehack

I admit to being a shameless homer, but this was pretty cool.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Can't help but like that guy. I thought it was a good hire at the time, and he's been better than I expected.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's an awful time to have a second COVID pause. Tech will have played two games in five weeks by the time they get to the ACC tournament, where I'm guessing they'll be one and done because just about everyone has been terrible coming off COVID pauses (see VT-GT last week). Tech had to dance around everyone else's pauses early on and now got hit twice in a month with its own pauses. Hate to say it, but VT is ripe for losing a 7-10 or 6-11 game in Indy. I'd love to be wrong.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Someone here called it, Maryland loses to Northwestern.
    Not a fan of Turgeon. 3 top 20 finishes in 10 years, 4 tournaments capping out at a single 3rd round loss. His contract ends after the 22-23 season. Next year should be his last barring a top 10 finish and 3-4 wins in a single tournament

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  10. dixiehack

Bold choice by Liberty going for the iron-on puffy numbers for the back of the jerseys.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Michigan kicks the shit out of Sparty, pushing the margin near 30 much of the second half before dragging it in at 19, and clinches the regular season B1G title and most likely a No. 1 seed.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Kentucky would be happy if all the teams with at-large bids secured would simply step aside. Gonna be interesting to see how that one plays out.

Draft saved Draft deleted