1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

They will have their usual issue to deal with in the NCAA tourney: all of their toughest, challenging games were in the first two months of the season. Only decent team in the WCC is BYU, and Gonzaga blew the doors off the Cougars both times they've met.

So barring an upset in the WCC tournament (if the Zags actually play their games), Gonzaga will have the weight of an unbeaten record, likely No. 1 overall seed, but haven't faced many quality teams lately.

Songbird likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I hope I look as young as Hamilton when I’m 72.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Josh Pastner’s toy welding visor will never not be hilarious.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jim Harbaugh guest coach of Michigan tonight?

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Duke loses. Another nail in its NCAA coffin. America rejoices.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Especially when he smashes it in frustration over his team's play and Teddy Valentine T-s him up.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Could be worse, Keith Dambrot got his ass thrown out of Mount Pleasant when he used the N word in a pregame hype speech (admittedly with his players' consent). Jesse Jackson even showed up. Then again, if McDermott ever loses his job, all he needs to do is latch on with a really good kid and his friends in Akron and he can rehabilitate his career like Dambrot did.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Have they not had a top 10 recruiting class every year for years?
    Failed to play in the tournament 2 years in a row

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Watching St. Joe’s stumble through the 12-13 game to open the A-10 tournament. Where does running off Phil Martelli rank in the all-time pantheon of “Who the hell do you think you are?” firings?

tapintoamerica likes this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yet, they somehow boatraced Dayton last week. And Dayton just beat Bonaventure to hand the Bonnies their only home loss. This has been a weird, weird season.

Draft saved Draft deleted