1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It also has season tickets to process.

Look if it can’t happen by September I’ll be right there in front saying they need to put the brakes back on. But all the trends and even St. Fauci are pointing towards fall being a likely point where we get our lives back.

The Covid deniers have been gross and wrong and manipulative about a lot of things, but they aren’t wrong when they say the goal of this was never to hunker down until 100 percent eradication.

2. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It is worrisome. An Italian soccer match was infamously the first super spreader event.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

What could possibly go wrong?

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Mountain West values.

When Wyoming plays a home game, 1 of every 25 state residents is in attendance. :)

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Plans? Sure. But I'd be amazed if California, Oregon and Washington venues are 100% open by September. That's just how they roll.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Why not plan for it for September? Should have nearly every person who has a higher than normal risk of catching the virus being vaccinated. A small but decent percentage of idiots that won’t and let Darwin go nuts. The overwhelming majority of adults should be vaccinated by summer. By then everything g should be open for those that choose to go. The only people without a choice are the unpaid players. And they are both at highest risk because of lack of social distancing and also the lowest risk because they can stay confined to a predetermined area

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Jerry-atric likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Not to give you oxygen, but this is apples to oranges. It was a superspreader because nobody knew what the hell COVID was at the time, no one was vaccinated, no one knew how to treat it, I could go on and on. But this is not the same scenario.

HanSenSE and Jerry-atric like this.
  10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I mean he’s not wrong but this would be a good moment to stick to his knitting back home.

HanSenSE and tapintoamerica like this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted