1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Friend was asking me if FanDuel’s Riviera promo of +200 for DJ, Spieth, Koepka and Bryson to make the cut was good. Eh, not enough juice. And you need to know where Brooks’ motivation level is at, which is a mystery from week to week.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Brooks won two weeks ago at Phoenix. Spieth playing his fourth week in a row. He's made the cut at Riviera each of the past four years and only one MC (2016) since he started playing there in 2014. Has a T12 (2014), T4 (2015) and a T9 (2018) there.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Brooks also missed three straight cuts before Phoenix

MileHigh likes this.
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't like the stress of any four guys to make a cut anywhere. It's golf. And like you said, not enough juice.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do one of these with more than two players. Too many variables.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I settled on some baby bets for Riviera ... Hahn top 20 (needs to make the cut first, eek); Homa top 20 (looking good so far); Leishman top 5 (T19 after one). I'll probably drop some live bets on Sunday afternoon as well.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

They only have one game left (plus SoCon tournament), but taking The Citadel under has been free money for a bit now. They played a lot of high-scoring games in November and December but have gone under eight straight games. Books haven't adjusted and are still putting most of their O/Us around 159.5 when they in reality should be closer to 150. Won on them twice this week and if they get a similar number on Saturday against Samford, I'm hammering it again.

9. playthrough

I took the under in Mercer-Citadel this week, didn't know anything other than that a VSiN guy liked it so I threw some free money at it. Chicken dinner ...

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hit two three-leg parlays tonight, so I'm pouring (another) whiskey to celebrate:

* Ayton and Capela over in points, plus Jaylen Brown over in assists
    * Spread betting on UC Davis, South Dakota State and Utah Valley

Some sweating on Capela actually hitting his final bucket and Utah Valley and UC Davis barely holding on for covers, but two winners makes for a great night. Would have been three winners if the normally reliable Jazz had covered at Miami. Also hit a baby mid-game bet on Texas State-UL Monroe under. All in all a great fucking day.

Webster, playthrough and Batman like this.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

*May* be the best one week collection of bad beats

12. playthrough

Two points in overtime. Those are the games that make you find another hobby.

MileHigh likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted