1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Sep 22, 2020.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I haven't watched them a lot but IIRC, Ohio State doesn't really have a true point guard, so I think their potential to throw up clunkers like what they did at the Breslin is higher than average. Kind of feels like a 'stay away' team when I fill out my bracket.

The TV guys love it. At least once a game, Raff or someone just tells a Phil Martelli story and it fills an entire timeout.

LeBron's definitely a Buckeye guy, but I assume this situation is if the kid's thinking about a yes or no to Michigan. I can't speak to his X's and O's acumen, but I really like the even keel he projects. MGoBlog has a bit they call the "Bo Ryan Index," which is the percentage of photos on the first page of a Google Images search that depicts the coach scowling or yelling a coach or official. Juwan is about 4%. Fran McCaffery, on the other hand, is in the 80s.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Dan Dakich may have finally hit the self-destruct button, although he’ll have to wait a whole year to air his grievances at CPAC.

Dan Dakich Deleted His Twitter

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Can he just do us all a favor and delete himself? Not from life, but at least from the media and college basketball scene. Poisonous and adds nothing.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    heyabbott likes this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Pleasantly surprised my Terps didn’t shit the bed today. It would have been pure Terp to lose to Sparty in what would have meant elimination for Maryland and an invite for MSU. Committee just needs some barely rational reason to exclude Md and include Izzo.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I grew up a Maryland fan and hope they continue to win. But I have said for about a month that the game they really need to fear is at Northwestern. The Wildcats are really overdue, and they aren't terrible.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Little Richie seemed to have things going a bit a season or so ago
    Sparty has 4 (or more) games left: IU, home and home against U-M, then a first-round game in the B1G tourney. I think they need two wins to get into the NCAA.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Things seemingly looking up as March dawns. If the low majors play conference tournaments without Trumpandemic incident, the big boys will be both encouraged and under considerable pressure to follow suit.

upload_2021-2-28_23-0-54.png

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Found the 2024 nominee.

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

He's back.

There was a point in his life that he was a good guy. Those days seem to be in the rearview mirror though.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Gonzaga is 24-0.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good to see that not everyone at Tallahassee is asleep at the wheel.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted