1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Definite parallels between the apostles of Christ and Trump. All said the return was imminent. All were always wrong but kept pushing the date back. All keep saying he will come back soon and right all wrongs.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Fauci can answer a question 999 times the same way, but that one answer is the one everyone focuses on.

Christ, if we had social media in the 1950s, we still might have polio cases common today.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OK I think I’ve proven since the earliest days of this thread that I’m a pro-science Covid red-alert kind of guy...which is why I also feel the need to put early Covid-era Fauci on blast for the “no need to wear masks” comments he was making in March.
    I know I’m not the only one who bought up n95 masks at Home Depot and surgical masks at Smart and Final in late February. I know that because they were hard to find.

OscarMadison and Hermes like this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Heck, if we had social media in the 50s and early 60s, we’d never have gone to the moon. The Republicans would have been screeching that the NASA budget was a complete waste when the first rocket exploded on the launch pad.

cyclingwriter2, garrow and maumann like this.
  6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

But when the evidence showed that there was a need, he changed his mind. When you get new evidence, you change your mind. That's how science works.

Why does that argument not hold water?

wicked, HanSenSE and Gutter like this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If "hate" is cocaine then yes, cocaine ages you the way it has DJ since 2015.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The GOP would have wanted NASA to be a military organization.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think that part of the reason Fauci and others didn’t tell everyone to run out and buy a mask is that medical masks were already in short supply.

In mid-March, I was loaned to our state’s health department to design and update the daily reports. A large part of those reports tracked the supply of N95 masks and other PPE in stockpiles available to hospitals.

I think that, early in the pandemic, the mechanisms of spread weren’t fully understood. That, coupled with the scarcity of medical-grade face masks, slowed the recommendation that everyone at least wear a face covering when in public.

HanSenSE and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  10. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

That argument stopped holding water around, say, 2004.
    [​IMG]

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And despite what millennial “thinkers” like that Filipovic woman prattle on about, Generation X exists.

maumann likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"John Glenn's probably gonna run for Senate as a Dumbocrat!"

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted