1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Sep 22, 2020.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

In the "how can they do this" department: San Jose State's men's team cancels its last three regular season games citing covid concerns in the program, yet still plans on playing the Mountain West tournament.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So, they just screwed Wyoming out of two probable wins, and any realistic chance for an NIT berth, which would be an accomplishment this season. Should be counted as forfeits.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Agreed. But the MW is counting them as no contests. Same protocol they used in football season.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If Bama comes within single digits at Bud Walton I will feel ok about things. Not at all expecting to win tonight.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If I had a gambling debt that I needed to pay off in a big hurry, I'd bet the entirety of my debt on whoever gets paired with Virginia in the first round of the NCAA tournament. And I'd be out of debt in less than two hours from tipoff.
    I don't know if there's going to be an NCAA tournament, but I know the Cavaliers are going down ASAP.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Tony's defense isn't fractionally as good as it usually is.

The game was proof that two things can be true. Kevin Keatts has flipped some sort of switch with NCSU and it shows after Devon Daniels was lost because of an ACL injury, but Virginia's packline isn't nearly what it used to be.

NCSU scored inside pretty much whenever it felt like it. The same that sleepwalked through a solid month-plus now has suddenly surged. Probably not in time to get serious NCAA consideration, but it's clear that they haven't quit on Keatts.

Meanwhile, how does Tony Bennett rally the troops? UMBC would truck this bunch ...

7. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I just watched Indiana blow a 15 point first half lead and get blown out the second half by Rutgers.

Indiana has Michigan at home then Michigan State and Purdue on the road. Archie has never beaten Purdue. If Indiana loses out- and they will not be favored in any of these games- they will not make the NCAA tournament. Does Archie need to make the tournament this year to save his job? Does he need to win at least one of his remaining games?

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Shoutout Wake Forest for scoring 39 fucking points at home. You're an ACC team. Act like one.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The University of Sean Patrick can’t suck enough

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Some observations.
    I dig watching Alabama play.
    Get it out of the net, run like mad to the other end, and the first open look.
    Bad part is, if you're not hitting 3's, that defense isn't good enough to keep them in games when their offense can't.
    11-33 from 3 isn't going to win you a Top 20 game on the road.
    Now, getting out freethrowed 27-43 vs 3-8.........well that helped too.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Kansas State fans are getting madder and madder with each Wildcat win.
    Weber can't leave The Little Apple fast enough.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I think Weber is a decent to good coach, but his biggest problem is not being Bill Self.

Draft saved Draft deleted