1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When you know the officials screwed up ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by stix, Feb 23, 2021.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

High school football tackle stats are also infamously inaccurate.

Someone gets up from the pile at the end of a play? Nice tackle!

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Hi the team one year, that too really outstanding defenders. One was an n and one was a linebacker. They both excelled at getting to the back field. But they're sack and tackle for lost stats were unbelievable. So one of their games I covered when I went through my play-by-play, the team's defense had like 19 plays for negative yardage. Which is pretty good. But when they gave me their defensive stats later, because I kept offense but I couldn't keep defense, they had almost 30 sacks and tackles for loss. Come to find out the program they used would not award half a sack or half a tackle for loss. so every time one of those kids had their hand on the quarterback or the running back in the backfield they got credited for an entire sack and TFL. Talk about throwing your stats out of whack. It was bad.

I Should Coco likes this.
  3. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

Wow. You win.

Draft saved Draft deleted