1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods injured

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mngwa, Feb 23, 2021.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Boston is the absolute worst.

2. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Drove in Boston twice. So smooth and easy. New York? Fuck that.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I heard he was going to Rolling Hills Country Club early on, then it was pretty much Riviera the rest of the day through the 11 p.m. news. Jim Hill was giving his report on the 5 p.m. news from Riviera, and he was wearing a Riviera sweater during the report. Uh, he is a member at Riviera.
    Tiger wouldn't have made it to Riviera by 8, even in the diamond lane if he had a driver. You gotta go past LAX, and it really jams up as you get close to the 10.
    I have left Irvine at 7 a.m. and arrived in Inglewood after 9 a.m., more than 2 hours, on a weekday morning. It is about 40 miles.

MileHigh and maumann like this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The coronavirus has cut morning times on the 405 by like 40%.
    Its becoming a bitch again in the afternoon, however.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I drove two days in Boston. Avoided four accidents by millimeters.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

New York can be interesting. When I drive up or down the East Coast, I learned to either get through D.C. at the oddest hours - early a.m. long before sunrise is really not a bad idea - or take I-81 to avoid it altogether.

Denver is interesting, but up and down I-95 in Jacksonville/Duval County can be a lot more perilous than some of you might think.

But they all take a back seat to Metro Manila. Nothing in this country comes close. Nothing.

Hermes and maumann like this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

At one point we thought we’d rent a car for a stay in Rome. Or maybe Vespas. But decided it might be too stressful.

After seeing the traffic, and what appeared to be no rules whatsoever, it was one of the best choices we’ve ever made.

Hermes likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Oh, now we’re talking a whole different ballgame if we’re going international.

The Dominican is terrifying.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The 91 is a level of hell in SoCal and it's not in your top 12? Or top three?

TigerVols and MTM like this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Took the toll lanes on the 91 during a recent Friday rush hour. If you were going the entire length of the Fastrak the fee was $9 for the first section then $31 for the second.
    And worth every penny.

MileHigh likes this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The LA county sheriff's department could not have used the word "accident" more to describe this crash if they tried.

Draft saved Draft deleted