1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods injured

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mngwa, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm doing this.......

Why?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Hawthorne Blvd southbound where he was driving feeds into the city of Torrance. I don't know what else to tell you.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Anchor on CNN said he was traveling northbound. Not that she was correct.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Not that big a deal but he was at the top of hill in Palos Verdes. Torrance is down the hill about 5 miles.

6. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

He was apparently travelling from Terranea Resort to Rolling Hills CC. I don’t know what that means in terms of direction. He had a commercial shoot.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

He was going northbound on Hawthorne, but that's neither here nor there. This is a bad situation.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He wasn't at the top of the hill in PV when he crashed.
    I said, quote: "going from Palos Verdes, into, well, Torrance, and eventually LA"

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Part of me is like, "What the fuck, man?!" and part of me figures that given his past issues, a recurrence of the back problems is probably more than enough to trigger a relapse. And you don't have to be drunk or high to drive like an idiot, for that matter.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

look, it's not important. But you said that he was going south from Palo Verdes into Torrance and clearly Torrance is north of Palos Verdes. It's really not important though. Let it go.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Based on the luggage at the accident site, it would appear he was headed to the airport? But I don't know my LA geography well enough to speculate as to which one.

Based on the damage to the median, it looks like he ramped and went airborne for a bit before rolling over and over to get where he ended. Hard to tell but it looks like he missed the power poles.

Also, just from looking, it does appear that engine block came loose but didn't go into the cabin of the SUV. The front end is torn to hell because he rolled end over end instead of on the side. Just guessing but have seen enough accident scenes to make this slightly educated, he ramped, went front end into the ground, flipped end over end, then rolled on the side. He would have to have been going hella fast for that to have happened.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted