1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods injured

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mngwa, Feb 23, 2021.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

lolol

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn, that's some serious stuff. Even surviving that crash is going to be amazing. The roadway is not even in the picture. Think about what you have to be doing to end up with the car like that (I'm not criticizing him). Just wow.

Just looked at the helicopter video, there is absolutely nothing in front of the front axle left. Chilling.

Turns out, my cousin lives about two mins away and I've driven that road numerous times. You've got to be motoring to end up like Tiger's car; I mean its a pretty meandering slightly curvy road, not something with hairpin turns or anything.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Somebody at the Mothership finally woke up.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And the ESPN anchor just asked Andy North about Tiger’s use of painkillers.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Jack's record is forever safe.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I could hear that conversation.

Nichols: "Brian......can you give us your thoughts on the crash of Tiger Woods"
    Bratwurst: "Well Rachel.......I had breakfast with LeBron James this morning, and he said he's not feeling tired. Granted, he's getting older with each game, but he doesn't really feel like he's getting as tired as people are making it out to be."
    Nichols: "Yes Brian......I understand that about James, but can you give us some thoughts about Tiger?"
    Bratwurst: "Yes Rachel.....the new Frosted Flakes recipe is coming out, and I for one, cannot wait for it. I've had several boxes of the Honey Retro Golden Grahams cereal, and it was terrible. I can't wait for them. I bet THEYYYYYYYRRRRREEEE GRRRRRREEEAAAAAAT!"

2muchcoffeeman and Batman like this.
  7. MileHigh

That's why I'm watching Golf Channel.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

To which Andy should have just said "Yes."

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Here is what I have CSI'd from the MSNBC video and google maps.
    He was travelling southbound on Hawthorne Blvd (going from Palos Verdes, into, well, Torrance, and eventually LA), and crossed the northbound lane, while presumably rolling over.
    Ended up in the outer back yard of 4912 Rock Bluff Drive, which backs up Hawthorne Blvd.
    Use google maps satellite view.

11. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Extremely inappropriate to speculate.

12. MileHigh

Torrance is north of Palos Verdes.

Google Maps

Draft saved Draft deleted