1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alex Trebek/Jeopardy Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mwilliams685, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I hope he gets it. Still think that his pacing is sometimes a little off when he tells someone that have the right answer and he needs to work on his empathizing when they get something wrong. That being said, his personality has come out a lot more in the last couple of weeks and he’s pretty likable.

2. BartonK

BartonK Active Member

I wonder how many episodes each of the celebrities will host. Can't imagine any of them came in for more than one day, so I guess we'll find out exactly how many episodes they can film in a day.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Mike Richards is really good.

DanielSimpsonDay and Hermes like this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

#thejeopardycouphasalreadyhappened

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Yeah, he’s getting the job. He even reads the answers faster.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

DAAAAAAMN. He crushed it.

7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

He's the host

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I really don’t like this guy. He seems like he’s a smug douchebag. Perhaps I’ll come around on him.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

C’mon now. Alex could be a little smug his own self. Not often, but he had that club in his bag.

Richards could be the new generational host if he really wanted to. I wonder whether other producing jobs, mainly Hollywood, would be too much to pass up and whether that would make his run as host shorter than it could be.

Whatever.

I’m sold. To me, he’s the host.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Ahem.

MileHigh, wicked and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  11. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

To me Richards is a little too game-show hosty. He reminded me of Joey the time he auditioned to be a host on "Friends."

[​IMG]

wicked likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Agreed. Trebek only became (deservedly) beloved in the last decade. For a long time he was the snooty guy Will Ferrell was taking the piss out of.

It’s like he had to get to a certain age to garner the respect.

America doesn’t like the youngish, smarmy know-it-all. It doesn’t mind a gray-haired know-it-all.

We do it with sportscasters, too.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted