1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

One way the virus can enter the body is by people touching their eyes, nose or mouth after coming into contact with it.

Man, double amputees have all the luck.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. Love Utah.

Roscablo likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There had to be a tradeoff. The combination of glasses and masks -- particularly when walking from cold climates outdoors to indoor warmth -- fogs up the glasses. Among the more annoying elements of the Trumpandemic. So perhaps it's all worth it. Having said that, I'll hasten to add that if I could wear contacts again, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That’s why we four eyes don’t get it. The fogging up is such a pain in the ass that we stay home.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I wear contacts but wear my sunglasses when I go to the market. IDGAF what people there think of me; I even ordered from Granger the little, nerdy, protector things you slid on the sides.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

CNN: Death toll tops 500K, per Johns Hopkins.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

RickStain likes this.
  8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Maybe this is a Rick question, or maybe it's been out there already and I haven't noticed it, but has anyone explained why it seems that the US (and to some degree the UK) appear to be doing significantly better in vaccine distribution (or perhaps more specifically, vaccine production) than places like continental Europe, Canada and Japan? Is it as simple as we're actually producing vaccine on these shores and the others are importing it?

I mean, it seems like we may get to summer and the Jays may still be stuck in the US or the Olympics will be impacted because the United States has actually stamped this out first, which is mind-boggling, considering where things stood six months ago?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Worldometer had the 500K milestone four or five days ago.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Haven't driven since my move a year ago - vehicle is still back home and I need to make a decision on that soon ... been driven often enough and maintained, but that's too much money not to enjoy it (usually don't do dull machines) - and have carried Ray-Bans for bright days. Have not bothered with contacts during that time. They're ready to do when needed, but one of the few positives is the money saved not wearing and disposing of daily lenses.

Optometrist keeps bugging me for appointment not realizing that:
    1) No optical benefits right now, so not happening.
    2) Out of the area, not going back for that and ...
    3) Have ample supply of contacts and got new glasses for first time in almost 20 years on updated prescription

The pandemic doesn't have it ... but the eyes have it. Thank goodness for small victories.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    lakefront likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There has always been a lag, and I don't remember why. I think several months ago the discrepancies -- some of them -- stemmed from one state.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

One guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted