1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-2021 NBA Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Capella on pace for 24 again but C's'll probably win by 33.

Screenshot_20210219-200401_Google.jpg

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He's going to be flossing dick out of his teeth for the next week.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Ryan Saunders out in Minnesota, per AP.

4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

I understand that as an NBA coach you cannot prepare 100% of the time for every game. But you’d like to see your coach win you 5-10 games a year by a good defensive game plan and exploiting matchups. Ryan Saunders almost never added anything to the mix. He deserved to be fired

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

It seems to me that a lot of Minnesotans are up in arms, both because Ryan Saunders, son of Flip, was supposed to be Minnesota royalty, but also because it's readily apparent that Gersson Rosas had this Raptors assistant waiting in the wings and is going to have him in place by the end of the day.

I live in Minnesota but don't follow the Wolves. I don't think you can have a record as bad as his and expect anything, and I'm sure every NBA GM has a list of guys they'd want to call if they had to fire their current coach. Seems like malpractice not to. Only difference is that Toronto guy picked up the phone.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Franchise is a joke:

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Arron Gleeman, whoa. I used to read him when he was a baseball blogger in high school. Nice to see him doing what he wanted to do. I remember he went one for two on his big campaigns. "Free Johan Santana" & "Free Bobby Kielty". The former was stuck in the bullpen, the latter was not playing every day. He predicted both would be stars.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Saunders had to go. They're the worst team in the league. He wasn't surviving this.

The amazing thing was that the name of the replacement leaked literally like ten minutes after his firing was reported. I'm not sure I've ever seen it that quickly.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Flip went in 2015

UPChip likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Which makes me think this is one of those situations where management wanted to see how the season started, but let the heir apparent know he should be ready.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Fuck.

Yes. Yes, he did.

Ryan had to go to, I guess.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Another point that was raised today was that the Raptors and Timberwolves completed their season series last week.

Draft saved Draft deleted