1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2021-22 CFB Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Feb 2, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Memphis State > Memphis

HanSenSE, Inky_Wretch and dixiehack like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Agreed - but he just walked away from Auburn with what, $22M? He wasn't going to squeeze them for every last nickel. Leaving some extra on the table for the assistants makes his job easier.

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Opening day in the OVC and from what I can see of the stands at Tennessee Tech (the camera angles aren’t great), they look at least half-full, which would constitute one of the biggest crowds in living memory. At the very least there are big clumps of fans sitting together, which again is without precedent. For FCS schools that know they are never going to be any higher on the food chain, I wonder if spring football isn’t the way to go permanently.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yeah ... but for the handful of players who find their way to NFL radars - and it's a handful, not a bunch - they want to be invited to the combine and they want to be considered on the same footing as the high D-I prospects. Difficult, if not impossible, to do if they're playing during the combine and the draft and that's precious little recovery time until rookie minicamps both for drafted players and the free agents trying to claw their on to an NFL roster.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Is there a bet on when the first sanctions notice will be issued to Jackson State? December?

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Just get the guy a fucking small safe and call it a day.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Upset Alert: Southern Illinois is absolutely whipping North Dakota State as they approach halftime. I don't think the Bison have three first downs yet.

12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Who knew hunting Bison out of season was legal?

Draft saved Draft deleted