1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with a coach thinking that his team is overmatched getting the lead and then trying to preserve it. I simply don't find four corners basketball as entertaining as an old school defensive struggle football game.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

When I was in law school, we had a pretty powerhouse intramural team — we won the grad school league undefeated my second year and were on our way to the same thing our third year. One game, we score from the opening tip and go up 2-0. Other team holds the ball for the entire first half and misses at the buzzer. Second half, they do the same thing. We eventually press them and force a turnover and a player on our team is fouled going for a layup. Makes 1 of 2 and we are up 3-0. They still hold the ball even as the clock is running down. They take a 3 pointer with a couple of seconds left which is blocked. 3-0 final score.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Any defense of a 6-4 boys basketball game is asinine. Change the rule today.
    For fuck's sake.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

No suporise.
    But seriously: If they are in fact on pause, they have to shut it down, don’t they?
    If I could get a bet on this, I’d seriously consider wagering that < 15 teams will play in the ACC tournament.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. tapintoamerica

Two possibilities crossed my mind when I heard of this quote:
    1) This will hack off Coach K and temporarily impact the K-Boeheim friendship; or
    2) Boeheim got the go-ahead from K to deliver this.
    I'm going to guess that Boeheim, an impulsive sort, went off on his own. But wouldn't it be interesting if scenario 2 is right?

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Apparently Jay Bilas put Boeheim on blast for this, so I’m guessing that’s the company line from Durham.

8. tapintoamerica

That's probably correct. Bilas was hacked off, and I don't blame him.
    Saturday night will be an interesting game. Duke might just blast Virginia back up routes 86 and 29.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Proving Duke is a better team now?

10. tapintoamerica

More about Virginia, which hasn’t beaten anybody all year. Not sure Duke is better without Johnson.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, UVa got a lot of run out of blasting Clemson but it turns out Clemson is just kind of average.

Hoping my Hokies just get to play again at some point. Two weeks without a game and counting. Ugh.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Lighten up, Francis.

Draft saved Draft deleted