1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Bless the Switch Lite. I escaped to Stardew Valley multiple times this week when my power kept going on and off and on and off....

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

There are a few lines in the Spider Man DLC missions that inform some of the conversations in Miles Morales, but they're not essential. If you want to play the two games as one complete story from start to finish, complete the DLCs first, but you won't miss anything important if you skip the DLCs and head straight to Miles Morales, which is the superior -- albeit shorter -- game.

Roscablo likes this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Oh man, that's good at least! Meanwhile, I haven't been able to use my 3DS at home for years. :( When I moved in with my now-wife, we discovered that the plastic-y opening noise of the 3DS drove the dog crazy - he would immediately try to get into my lap. Only for the 3DS though, he doesn't care about the Vita, or about the PS4/PS3 controllers when they beep. So, I've had Fire Emblem sitting on the shelf for years, and I only get to play Bravely Second when we're on planes or traveling.

ETA: I had "him" instead of "the dog" previously, which, uh, really changes the context...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  4. Wenders

I've pulled out the 3DS recently to do a playthrough of Ocarina of Time. I've played some RPGs but god bless gamefaqs Walkthroughs (and YouTube walkthroughs) because I would be completely and totally lost without.

Batman and sgreenwell like this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Fuckin' Water Temple, right?
    I haven't played Ocarina of Time since going through it on the N64, but I do remember needing some bit of help on each of the temples. The Water Temple had me bookmarking the OoT page on Gamefaqs.

6. Wenders

I just got through the Forest Temple.

I literally just have one browser window up of the FAQ and YouTube. LOL

DanielSimpsonDay and Batman like this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finally got a goddamn PS5 ordered through Amazon. No idea when it will ship but it's ordered and confirmed. Feel like I need a cigarette.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Did anyone play the Demonsouls PS5 game? Looks interesting but I never played the original. I like games like Skyrim and Red Dead and Fallout and the Final Fantasy series so this feels like it should be up my alley.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I played the original a little bit - Way too hard for me, since I'm more of a Filthy Casual gamer now. From your list, I played the shit out of Skyrim, Fallout and Final Fantasy, but I tapped out after a couple hours with Demon's Souls. So, I might recommend grabbing it from Redbox first before committing to buying it.

Cosmo likes this.
  11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Thanks, the only game I bought so far is FIFA 21. Haven't bought a new FIFA since '18, where I'm still trying to get Brentford that elusive Premier League title. Amazon says my order is coming Sunday so I'm pretty pumped. Seems like it's pretty simple to transfer my game data from the PS4 to the PS5 from a quick read up on it, though I've heard it takes a hot minute for everything to install.

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

It was super easy. I don't recall anything taking that long. I had issues getting Miles Morales to install but when I looked into it there seemed to be a release batch that had issues and so I exchanged it and the new one installed right away.

The storage isn't great, which is probably the biggest headscratcher of the new system. Have an external drive ready for any PS4 games you want on there (that was easy too).

Draft saved Draft deleted