1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 11)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Both races are toast: title and relegation. Was just thinking this morning that the last month of the season will be who goes to champions league, who plays in Europa and who misses out. Going to make for a boring final stretch.

Inky_Wretch and Webster like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Spurs have been a tough matchup for City the past few years and today they didn't have a sniff. 1. City's real good and is gonna be champs. 2. Mourinho has reached his sell-by date at Tottenham just about right on schedule.

Webster likes this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think everyone on Twitter has made the “maybe Alisson’s aim isn’t true” joke.

4. Webster

As much as you have to love Kane and Son, Spurs making the Big Cup final was not a reflection of the abilities of the team. And Mou’s magic has diminished more at each stop.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Lloris is getting old. The Alderweirweld-Vertonghen duo is gone. At every stop Mourinho alienates and ruins a vital player. At Spurs it was Dele Alli.

6. Webster

Tim Howard doesn’t drop an easy free kick, Porto never beats United, wins the Big Cup and spawns the legend of Mou. So I blame America.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Arsenal showing why they’re midtable. Just when you think the game is in hand ...

Huggy likes this.
  8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Also a Villain here. I feel like if Grealish wanted to leave, he would have when they were relegated, or when they lost the playoff final to Fulham or after last year. That said, there's nothing stopping someone from writing a huge check, but I'd figure that at present, the going rate for him in the transfer market is north of $75 million.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Sigh, you're right, but what a sweet pass - or errant shot - from Smith-Rowe to set up that third goal by Aubameyang

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. Webster

An absolute masterclass by M’Bappe today vs Barca.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I haven't heard much about West Ham's turnaround ... from 5 points clear of the drop in 2020 to sitting in a Europa spot after 24 matches.

12. Spartan Squad

Barca looked out classed in the second half. Their only legit chance came when the keeper for PSG left his goal exposed.

Draft saved Draft deleted