1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2021-22 CFB Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Feb 2, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

“Covers” is doing a lot of work there. Goodman’s a hot take hack that has never done any actual reporting that I’ve noticed. He’s Jox-FM show prep come to life.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, true enough. I didn't want to slag the guy and pulled the punch.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

HappyCurmudgeon likes this.
  4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

What does UCF have to do with a column burying Harsin?

5. dixiehack

Why in the blue hell did Rhodes schedule a night game in February? Did they think they were stealing viewers from Duke-Carolina?

Batman likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

I misspoke. Was thinking about Tennessee.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I thought he was one of the weak links on the team last year, but was young. Ducks will probably have somebody better lined up.

9. HappyCurmudgeon

I see no FCS football on the ESPN+ schedule today. Isn't this the week the season starts? What gives?

10. dixiehack

McNeese (apparently no longer a State) at Tarleton is today’s only game, and it’s a Fox Sports Go joint.

College Football TV Schedule

11. Neutral Corner

Speaking of FCS on ESPN, UAB opens with Jacksonville State in a neutral site game in Montgomery on Wednesday night of Week Zero of the 2021 season. Neither group of fans are particularly happy about that. It's a bid to be the ESPN first FCS game and on national TV.

As a UAB fan, none of us are charged up about a game ninety miles from home on a Wednesday night... but given that it comes when most of the country is still CFB starved we'll deal with it - if it actually turns up on ESPN. Coach Clark is a Jax State alum, and was coaching there when we hired him away.

12. HappyCurmudgeon

Little surprised ESPN isn't going to throw Jackson State's opener on ESPNEWS or something.

Draft saved Draft deleted