1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I got one from Walmart after I saw an impending drop three minutes ahead of time on Twitter.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Twitter is what alerted me to the impending drop as well. I guess I’ll keep trying.

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Fuck NCAA 2021 if they're not at least paying the student athletes they're bilking with this game.

4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I accidentally pulled out the old PS4 while the HDMI cable was hooked in, and the sheathing was still stuck in the unit while all the wonk-ass pinning was exposed. No patience or time for that - I simply used the old PS3 HDMI cable, but is this going to have effect on gameplay?

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Don't they have to? Hasn't that been the hangup?

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I don't think so - I'm actually short one cable, so I switch them back and forth all the time.

Octave likes this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Thank you, greenwell, have you ever had any power issues or shorts in switching back and forth?

8. sgreenwell

I haven't, but the reason I'm short one cable is that one of them was dying and the TV would blackout for 5 to 10 seconds at a time, until I wiggled the wire.

Octave likes this.
  9. sgreenwell

By the way, for those of you who like video games and podcasts - A hearty "thumbs up" from me for the Video Game History Hour. It is run by the non-profit foundation, and they've had some really interesting episodes about things like Mario Paint, SimRefinery and some other things off the beaten path, not just the classics. This week's episode was an expansion of an article they did a couple weeks ago, about "Power Up Baseball," a planned MLB version of "NBA Jam" that never got past test markets for a couple of reasons. That's worth a read, if you don't have time to check out the pod.

10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I finally finished and 100 percented Spider-Man. Very good story. Anyway, got the DLCs with the Miles Morales Launch Edition. Should I do them first or just hop into Miles Morales or maybe do a little of both at the same time.

On a unrelated but not note, my kids teased me about my backlog and unfinished games just the other day.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

MM is shorter, so hop in then go back to the OG title's DLCs when you're done with that. I HAVE SPOKEN.

Roscablo likes this.
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

My daughter just screamed when she saw the Splatoon 3 trailer.

Draft saved Draft deleted