1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm still confused - is My Pillow a good pillow or not?

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Don't we have a new president? You wouldn't know by watching SNL.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

A. It's been a whopping two weeks

B. They had jokes in Weekend Update

C. You gotta do something to get made fun of. It's not Biden's fault his predecessor provided enough material in a week to fill an entire season.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Dan Levy was strong as expected. Solid episode.

The Zillow thing was outstanding.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The funniest thing during last night’s SNL was watching Phoebe Bridgers fail to smash a pretty durable guitar and a way-too-sturdy stage monitor.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Oggiedoggie likes this.
  7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

We have very different comedic senses. I thought that was the worst episode of the last several seasons. Even WU sucked, IMHO.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They took off the Twins doing reaction videos, lol. On the one hand, if they're doing a bit about you on SNL, you've achieved cultural visibility. On the other, they made fun of them hardcore.

I was waiting for "So, like, you guys never rode in a car with a radio?" "Not one that worked, yo."

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Eh, to each their own. I like Levy a lot. And maybe a short term comparison to last week, which was bad.

I stand by the Zillow sketch.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Former social media influencer Donald Trump

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

“I wonder where he learned that word?” was the funniest WU line
    in months.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

See, I think that was one of the stronger SNLs in recent years - the dunking on SB sponsors trying to appeal to "everyone", the Zillow ad, the SB Party "we're doing everything right, right?" thing, the Black History segment, the LGBT It Gets better thing, the Cancel Couple on WU had me rolling - like the guy in my avatar rolling. Universal Tram, the wedding thing and Football Hot Dam things were watchable. The only dead zone was the monologue. But I will say Dan Levy was so good - like fit right in like he was a regular good, Emma Stone, Alec Baldwin, Tom Hanks good. Hell - for all the "why don't they criticize Biden" people out there, a good 60 percent of the sketches were targeted at white liberals.
    Phoebe Bridgers was interesting. She doesn't look like she sounds. Love the twitter beef with David Crosby.

For your consideration:

Draft saved Draft deleted