1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2021-22 CFB Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Yurachek had to change the narrative from sucking in the SEC. Sounds like he succeeded.

2. Twirling Time

Game will be in Little Rock.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I believe Simon Fraser is in British Columbia. With the Canadian border still closed, that leaves CWU and Western Oregon to have a scrimmage or two.

MileHigh and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Twirling Time

Maybe post-COVID we could have a couple of spring exhibition games between teams instead of intrasquad Red-White scrimmages.

BitterYoungMatador2 and HanSenSE like this.
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No real place for the GNAC to go other than RMAC, and that conference is super spread out that it probably won't happen, especially with Azusa Pacific out now. That was a favorite non-conference game for the RMAC, but with Dixie gone, they're pretty much going to a full round-robin -- once they return to play.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Has Nick Saban ever explained why he agreed to co-star in AFLAC ads with a talking duck? I imagine the money is good - but I also figured he's been offered more by companies with less humilating commericals.

8. Neutral Corner

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ve-plan-yet-help-college-athletes-earn-money/

A bill introduced in Congress on Thursday is perhaps the most progressive proposal yet to allow college athletes to earn money from endorsements, stripping the NCAA of much of its authority on the issue and allowing college athletes to seek representation and band together to secure group licensing deals.
The bill comes just a few weeks after the NCAA delayed a vote that would have helped pave the way for athletes to pursue moneymaking opportunities from use of their name, image or likeness (NIL).

10. Neutral Corner

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And people wonder why some SEC jobs aren't as great as they appear. The guy gets hired on the back end of a recruiting cycle in the middle of a health crisis that precludes or at least limits in-person contact, and he's already being blamed for not saving the program immediately. Geez.

I thought this was an interesting line and I'm curious to know who he's referencing:

Other columnists who have to worry about keeping people happy can list the reasons Harsin should get a pass for this recruiting class. That’s not my job because that’s ignoring the truth.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

First off, you need to understand that Goodman is not a beat reporter for a particular school. He's at Al.com and covers pretty much all sports in the state to some degree. Alabama, Auburn, UAB, high schools, football and basketball. He may be simply talking about reporters who are largely covering Alabama or Auburn and largely excluding other views. To some degree this may also be some lingering SEC distaste for all things UCF and a chance to slip the knife in... which is speculation on my part, not observed behavior from him.

Draft saved Draft deleted