1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we allowed to talk about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 18, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

LOL I didn't notice

Still a mystery.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I’ve put a bunch into Bitcoin, but I’m sure I missed out on the best buying opportunities there unless it makes a break for $100,000 (which I’ve seen predicted). I’ve spread some around to the altcoins that are more reasonably priced and hoping one or more takes off in similar fashion to BTC.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Several of the 20-somethings I know at work have put money into dogecoin - nothing major, $25-50 - hoping it follows BTC's lead. I think they're caught up in the Reddit/GameStop hype. But I hope - for their sake - I'm wrong.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I tried that, prompted by a 30-something. I don't think it's going to the moon.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's not.

6. bigpern23

I thought about doing something similar, but Coinbase doesn’t support Dogecoin and it literally describes it as “largely a joke currency.” I figured maybe the redditors could pump it up a bunch and then I could dump it, but I didn’t end up bothering.

I’ve got some Ethereum, Litecoin and Stellar Lumens to go with my BTC.

7. bigpern23

Ether has topped the $1500 resistance level. It’ll be interesting to see if it continues that push, or if it pulls back.

8. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Mr. Whitman, your post sure did not “age” well, my friend!

9. bigpern23

Without reading the entirety of the thread, I’m curious if you stuck with it?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I kept it for a bit then sold it for a few bucks more. Yeah, wish I'd kept what I had. Live and learn.

11. bigpern23

Ah bummer. I was hoping you were going to say you are going to retire early on your BTC.

A guy I went to high school with sold his tech startup years ago and invested heavily in BTC. It has paid off handsomely for him.

12. bigpern23

Ether blasted past $1500 and is headed past $1700 toward $1800.

BTC looks headed back toward $40k.

Draft saved Draft deleted