1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 11)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Lampard out. Putting a club legend with one year of coaching experience in charge of one of the biggest and most political clubs didn’t work out. I’m shocked.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Manchester United (W12-D4-L3, 2nd in Premier League) 1-2 Sheffield United (W1-D2-L16, 20th in Premier League)

Bloody hell.

3. Webster

Yeah, that was brutal. The second goal for SU was a defensive farce.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I wanted Villa to win but that offside call denying Southhampton a tying goal in the 92nd minute was brutal. Not sure what they saw on VAR.

5. Webster

That’s some serious cash Barca is paying Messi.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yeah, just saw this, $673M for 4 years and Messi's already collected 75% of that. Makes LeBron and Mahomes and Trout look like utility INF.

7. Webster

On that note, I really wonder what La Liga rights are going to look like when he leaves. The presentation (Ray Hudson orgasms aside) is kind of subpar on BeIN but the Classicos and games with Atleti were must see. Serie A and Bundesliga are buried for the non- fanatic on ESPN+ and I wonder if Spain and France rights go there as well.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Jesus I’m making chili and every time I look away from the game, City has scored again.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

It's fun being a Villa fan and going into every game feeling they have a chance to win, and knowing they won't need every single point to escape relegation. Last season's miracle was truly a gift.

Grealish is a treat to watch.

UPChip likes this.
  11. Webster

You think he stays or gets sold off to one of the clubs with deeper pockets?

12. Webster

EPL title race is toast already.

Draft saved Draft deleted