1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 NHL regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 26, 2020.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The game before he was benched for a chunk of the game, he finally got out for one shift. ... and proceeded to score a "fuck you, Torts" goal.

This has gotten ugly if he is playing that way. It's a bad look.

There has been talk since training camp of the Rangers trying to get him to reunite him with Panarin. They need centers -- after Zibanajad they fall off. I have no idea how they can make that work. Maybe salary wise they could find a way, with some of the dead cap money that they'll be recovering in the next few years, but Columbus is going to be asking for something way better than the Fil Chytil or Tony DeAngelo, Ryan Strome and a sack of pucks that the Rangers would do in a second. I wouldn't be surprised if Columbus' starting point was LaFreniere, and even though that ain't happening, them still sticking to K'Andre Miller or Kaapo Kakko plus a pick and another prospect, etc. Dubois is that good.

Wherever Dubois goes, he is going to get something good in return and Columbus is not going to give him away for pennies on the dollar -- even if Torts is doing everything he can on his end to try to hurt his value right now.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

3. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I like the trade for Winnipeg, but I may be in the minority on that.

Laine is an RFA this year, PLD next year.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I like it for Winnipeg as well. I’ll take the centre over the winger.

Tighthead likes this.
  5. The Big Ragu

That trade makes a ton of sense.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I am not watching @Elliotte Friedman , what did you do to get Canuck fans so angry? Lol. A real sensitive bunch

7. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Are they after him on twitter?

EF may not want to comment, but I lived in BC for years and Canucks fans are interesting. Huge persecution complex. Always think they are getting the shaft from other fans and media.

OscarMadison and JC like this.
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Nothings changed.

Tighthead likes this.
  9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good for John Forslund. Good for Ron Francis.

In one move, the Kraken proves that it has smarter ownership that doesn't wallow into petty crap.

Tom Dundon can go to a really hot place and feel excessive heat for a long time.

Liut, 2muchcoffeeman and ChrisLong like this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

VGK, with its whole coaching staff sidelined by covid, lost in a shootout to St. Louis.

Liut likes this.
  11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Caps -- missing Ovechkin, Orlov, Samsonov, Kuznetsov, Wilson, Backstrom (hurt in game), Eller (hurt in game) -- pulled off one of the best wins I've ever seen from them, beating the Isles 3-2 on Justin Schultz's game winner with 26 seconds left. Gutty, gutty win.

misterbc and Vombatus like this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Rangers lost another one-goal game yesterday. The first 5 games, they mostly played well (except for the first game against the Islanders). Last night they had me screaming at the TV. A step slow, playing with no confidence, stupid cross ice passes, bad coaching. ... and they still can't win a face-off to save their lives. It's frustrating because they have a ton of talent. ... enough that I am really excited about where they are headed. But they are finding ways to lose, rather than playing hungry like they need to win. Knowing how to win games is a skill -- even games you don't deserve to win -- and they don't have it.

Draft saved Draft deleted