1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will COVID-19 be the needle that finally bursts the sports bubble?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Apr 2, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Every bad thing can happen to the IOC and it wouldn't be justice for the org that perfected pro sports corruption.

FileNotFound likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I feel slightly sorry for the athletes who lose their one window of opportunity to participate in the Games because they're postponed or cancelled. This is mostly pretty much theoretical because I don't actually know of any athletes who are in this predicament — but I'm sure some are.

RickStain likes this.
  4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

A sign of Chinese weakness on Xi Dada's watch? Not a chance in hell. Those Games are going ahead even if the government has to "hire" all those wayward Uygurs to carry snow down from the Himalayas.

MileHigh likes this.
  5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Another Big Sky school, Northern Colorado, has opted out of the spring football season.

And the NAIA's Frontier Conference is reducing its spring games from 7 to 4, with a later start date (March 20 instead of Feb. 27).

Start of Frontier Conference spring football season pushed back

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Southland is a dead conference walking. Central Arkansas is leaving for the Atlantic Sun this fall. Tarleton State, which moved to FCS, completely blew off the SLC and joined the WAC along with SFA, SHSU, Abilene Christian and Lamar.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

At what point does FCS football in the spring become victim to Libruhl Cancel Culture?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Not a voice I’d pay much attention to. If you care about burdens placed unfairly on college women, you can’t take a paycheck from Baylor, which ran a sexual assault ring with the approval of its president, a hypocrite who once defended Jeffrey Epstein.

FileNotFound likes this.
  10. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

None of which had anything to do with Mulkey.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted