1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-2021 NFL Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Oct 5, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I guess that's what I'm saying - none of us know if these are good hires - will work out or not. Quinn's inability to fix the Falcons defense will always be one of the NFL's great mysteries. (See also Brian Billick "offensive genius" relying on defense for his success with the Ravens). Figured the Patriots were nuts hiring Belichick.

2. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

And the guy who won the Super Bowl the year after Quinn lost it is already out of a job.

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think a fiery speech can be effective on occasion. The ability to motivate is helpful at any level of any organization. But if you try it everyday the effect wears off.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"Winning" the presser is never about the players - it's about selling tickets and getting good media buzz. College and pro. There have been notable "losses" in the opening presser (that seemed to actually foretell that coaches ultimate fate). Shoot I remember Lane Kiffin's introduction with the Raiders when he said the team would "play happy." Seriously.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Adam Gase and his eyes went over well at his Jets presser

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nothing will beat Clive Rush's first press conference when he was named Pats' head coach in 1969. He electrocuted himself on the microphone.

wicked and Splendid Splinter like this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It amazes me people think Kiffin is a good HC.

Draft saved Draft deleted