1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 NHL regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Brendon Dillon and Garnet Hathaway scored but Alex didn't. I know Hathaway's was an empty netter but it was from 3/4 of the way down the ice through traffic, pretty nifty. What a world. I was pretty pleased overall, especially with how the D jumped into the flow of the offense at times. A lot of backhanded slaps at Rierden coming out in the postgame comments. Don't love that, but it speaks to the frustration in the room. Back at it tonight.

2. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

His speed and acceleration is incredible.

Cosmo likes this.
  3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That McDavid goal is crazy. These are the best players in the world and at that moment he's playing at a level up.

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

McDavid took that drop pass at his own blue line and there was no penalty killer on his side of the red line at the time. There’s no way anyone’s going to stop him when he’s got 30-40 feet of space when he gets the puck at almost full speed.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I don’t care what Sielski’s written. Voracek is an asshole.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Longest goal review ever but it was actually necessary. How the ref saw that in real time is impressive.

8. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

What a mess that is. I'm not arguing that they should be available. The rule is the rule. But the people that are saying that "they hug and spit and breathe on each other on the ice" have a damn good point. If you can't then go and hang out and watch TV or drink vodka or whatever in the same room afterward, that seems weird. Bringing an outsider into the room though? Yeah, bad news.

NEVER MIND

EDIT: Samsonov was positive but didn't find out until Tuesday, so there's your danger, because I guess you can test positive at any time. Now the entire Caps' Russian contingent is out four games. Good lord, that's a pretty decent chunk of a 56-game season.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  10. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Pierre-Luc Dubois played 3:55 for CBJ tonight, didn’t see the ice for the last 44 minutes or so.

This is an ugly shift. He wants out of there sooner than later.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Isn't he a pretty good player? He just hates Torts that much huh?

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The Red Wings sadly have fielded several players who were unfit to play in the NHL in the last few years but were physically sound.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted