1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I get low-key anxiety at keeping up with reading the New Yorker and Economist cover to cover and this shit where I don’t get an edition for three weeks and then get four at the same time is driving me nuts.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

swingline likes this.
  3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Wow. That sounds like a lot of prayin'. Must have been frustrating.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That’s the second time Biden did that with Roker.

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I bet he is going through the normal depression/let down/decompression that we all feel after a long term project ends. Especially for him. Everything, having crowds love you, having all that attention, people doing everything for you. getting called "sir" all day. People talking about you almost exclusively all day on the news. With his diseased brain it must be almost unbearable. lol. hugs and handpounds!!

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

A7445C6C-C0C3-4CB8-86FC-BD2DFB404C82.jpeg So played put already but I particularly liked this one.

OscarMadison, wicked, HC and 4 others like this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wonder if Lindsey Graham is going to go back to being pals with Biden. He seems to always have to latch on to someone else to have any clout - McCain, Trump etc. Also wonder about the other back-benchers who raised their profiles in the Trump era. Going to be interesting to see how relationships get sorted out over the next few months, and how much and what impact the former President will have on the GOP.

maumann and lakefront like this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I’ve had The New Yorker subscription for most of the last 25 years. I’ve always been a casual reader, though I read Talk of the Town thoroughly. I kick myself off not having the time and patience for the fiction. Over the last 4 years I’ve found it difficult to read. It just made me angry to read about the shit that was being done. I am looking forward to getting back into reading it more closely.

BTW can anyone recommend a collection of New Yorker Shirt Stories? Can’t seem to find one

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, there's going to be an impeachment trial real soon that will shed much light on the issue of how much influence Trump will have on the GOP.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

(Probably not the) last meme.

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pride and Prejudice

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted