1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Maybe because no other Presidency was so truly awful, no prior inauguration was so fraught, because no outgoing President ever refused to attend and the very place where the ceremony took place had not been attacked by supporters of said outgoing President in an effort to overturn the election.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Pittsburgh was also one of the US cities that announced it would still abide by the climate deal after Trump pulled the nation out of it.

OscarMadison, garrow, Gutter and 3 others like this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

** mic drop **

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is the case but when I worked at the student paper, some dude with an office across the street from the newsroom called early one day complaining about how they kept sending him the paper in the mail even though he'd told them like 20 times to stop. I went to the circ folks and they said they had to have X subscriptions to qualify for bulk mail, so somehow this guy got on it and they weren't gonna take him off no matter how much he complained.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I thought that was why campus newspapers always mailed out courtesy copies of every issue to a bunch of campus newspapers at other schools.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"We're from da tahn where we want the air clean *clap clap clap clap*"...

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Apparently we weren't that smart at Big State U? Too much football to cover. /crossthreadish

Wenders likes this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My old paper had this free thing they drove around and literally tossed in non-subscribers' driveways because they counted it as circulation. People called to complain about having to pick them up all the time, but they didn't quit.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

She really needs to change her name to Greta Thunderdome - with Saturday night tweet storms that crush gas-guzzling cars.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That's right!

Lucifer-in-the-flesh is smart - brilliant, perhaps - but not quick.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I remember when Biden was viewed as the goofy uncle of the Obama Administration. I realize his son's death really changed him - and now he's America's grandpa - but its been interesting remembering how he was portrayed on SNL for many years. Made me laugh seeing him running over to people watching the last part of his walk to the WH yesterday and saying hi to Al Roker and others. "Oh hey, how ya' doing? Good to see you pal!" BTW - Biden seemed to be getting around ok considering his foot injury a month ago.

Wenders, maumann and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted