1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The 15 minutes early actually nagged at me a bit. He technically wasn't president until 12:00:01 and as we saw, there was a last-minute pardon granted.

As I said in the locked thread, they usually nail this thing down to the minute. But being 13 minutes off was a pretty big whiff for the Senate committee.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That’s an excellent, succinct way to put it. Trump’s entire campaign was about nastiness and anger. His entire presidency was about nastiness and anger.

It feels so refreshing that kindness, hope and empathy are back at center stage.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Seeing the list of things Biden is fixing today alone is a horrifying reminder at just how broken the government was allowed to become

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Will Cruz, Hawley, Cotton, Jordan, Nunes and Gaetz be ostracized now? Maybe the public will somehow come to enjoy the relative maturity of the executive branch and expect it from the Congress.

Biden never took the bait during the campaign but especially between November 3 and January 6. I don’t expect him to take it from such pissants as Jordan and Gaetz.

6. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

lakefront and RickStain like this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The GOP platform was shitposting

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Let the Congressional Democrats play the hardball. They'll be happy to, even Manchin on some things. Biden can just keep on emphasizing goodness.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Lest we forget, there was no GOP platform at the 2020 convention. It was literally reprinting the 2016 platform.

Wenders and Webster like this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Chavez viewed undocumented immigrants as strike-breakers. He wanted them deported.

I suppose you could always argue what you're arguing, of course, but you're still going to have to deal with people coming over the border illegally. The practice up to this point has been to do virtually nothing with undocumented workers. Now, there will be a 8-year path to citizenship for many of them currently here, but I'm not sure what the plan is for any of those who haven't come yet.

Under Obama (and thus Biden) the deportation numbers skyrocketed, and were much higher than they were under Trump. You read that correctly.

Liut likes this.
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Fuck that guy. Cruz wanted to throw Pittsburgh voters’ ballots in the trash. At least Biden will still let them vote.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

it was because Trump didn’t actually care to deport anyone. He didn’t want to do the job or have the government run decently. An efficient asshole could have done something. All trump wanted to do act tough and hurt weak people. It was easier to fuck with refugees and children then deport low paid workers who make money for republicans And small business owners.

Draft saved Draft deleted