1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s like a stereogram, either you see it or your don’t. No amount of instruction can get someone to focus correctly.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

they're about to go through some things

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

And they criticize the MSM for incompetence.

heyabbott likes this.
  4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I was fine with it -- was all for it, in fact -- and it's probably a measure of how badly people around here wanted Trump gone. But I'm surprised that there's been no negative reaction to, or even any mention yet, of all the prayer, moments of silence, talk of God, invoking of Bible verses, and enduring of the singing of "Amazing Grace."

I guess we're all just taking a collective, much-needed deep breath, and enjoying listening to someone who, more than anything, just sounded professional and presidential?

If Trump could've even just been able to do that, he might've actually been elected again.

OscarMadison and Liut like this.
  5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Gaga >>>>>JLo

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This reminds me of my dipshit city editor, who was a huge Palin lover and actually wore a Bush t shirt to work ON ELECTION DAY in 2008. Came across the AP wire that Toby Keith had endorsed Obama and she was furious. Last line of the story said something to the effect of, “this guy is the best candidate of our lifetime, and I’m a democrat who voted for Bill Clinton. While she fumed even more I blurted out, “gee! It’s almost like all of that singing about boots in asses was all about selling albums!” She blurted, “no,” and then stomped out of the room.

No clue why I was one of the first laid off from the place.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Do the indictments get unsealed today? Do they wait until tomorrow? Or do they wait until the impeachment trial is over?

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's here ...

... unless you prefer the dynamite kind of kaboom.

Fred siegle and RickStain like this.
  11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Amanda Gorman >>>> both of them.

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

It didn't feel like he was actually missed, though. So maybe he did the right thing by making himself scarce.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted