1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2021 Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jan 9, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. Live From the majors is excellent. And their production of live tournament action, for the most part, is pretty good.

maumann and playthrough like this.
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Got the email yesterday that with limited patronage allowed for the 2021 Masters, my 2020 tickets for an Augusta practice round will not be valid for this year’s event (as was promised last year). They’ll instead be refunded and we’ll have to register for the regular lottery for 2022. What a kick in the nuts.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Tiger with back surgery No. 5. Out for the start of the season. Gotta think the major wins end at 15.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Best joke was “...all 15 of the women were white, he doesn’t need sex addition treatment, he needs diversity training!”

playthrough likes this.
  5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I was reading about this early in the week and it sounds like Feherty being cancelled was very little about Feherty. COVID basically shut down production indefinitely and GC moving to Stamford basically made it impossible to do. Sounded like he already has other projects in mind.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The 2019 Masters will in hindsight seem like some dream we all had.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ugh, sorry. Maybe they can somehow hook you up in the next lottery.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Screw Sorenstam, she still supports fatf*ck.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The email makes it sound as if there is no preference given to 2019 ticket holders. We kind of thought that if we didn’t get in this year, they’d give us priority for next year, but it doesn’t sound that way.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Maybe he needed sex subtraction treatment??

Subtract all the women who are NOT your wife.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Tiger made his own bed. But he was not a fully formed person who I think married too young because he wanted to have a family before his dad died. Not excusing his behavior towards his wife and loved ones, but I don’t have the energy to make his personal failings out to be the work of a supervillain.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I wonder how much of his marrying young was due to "Team Tiger" pushing him to marry because they believed the image of family man would help them land more endorsements.

Draft saved Draft deleted