1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Easily, no. Not easy by any means, but a good economy and lack of a national crisis are harbingers of re-election for an incumbent. Those polls that showed Biden ahead (Polls!!!!!) would have tightened up. They would have had normal conventions. There would have been normal rallies. It would have been much, much closer and less certain that Biden would have knocked off Trump.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Actually, it was Spartan Squad who said that, just to set the record straight.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Trump did absolutely everything wrong and still was a Flutie pass away from pulling it out. We are a nation of idiots.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And they breed.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Great point. Everything was angry, spiteful and boastful at all times. I don't know if there's a human being left inside there. I mean, shit, at least show him having fun on the golf course or something, since that's all he ever liked to do.

OscarMadison and Patchen like this.
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If Trump hadn't been an abject, abysmal failure during the one crisis he had in four years, he probably would have won the election!

Okay.

8. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Posted this before the election and posting it now as Trump leaves.

Trump will continue to tell lies and rage at the world about how tough he's had it and how unfair, corrupt and rigged the election was. But he will be doing so as the outgoing President.

Just a few more hours weeks before the circus leaves town and the end of alternative facts, fake news, fake crowd numbers, Lamestream Media, gaslighting, Obamagate, the failing New York Times and on and on. Just a few hours weeks before the show (and that's exactly what his presidency has been) closes for good.

Sure, he'll continue to tweet but it will be into a vacuum. He will be deserted by so-called loyalists like rats on a ship and then say how terrible they all were.

Will he fire everyone, even those at Mar-a-Lago? Who fucking cares.

TowelWaver, OscarMadison and Webster like this.
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Mayorkas should respond he will vigorously enforce all US laws including those for seditious conspiracy.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I vote, so it will be no problem for me. I won't switch back to the Republican party in 2024 when someone just slightly less despicable than Trump is nominated.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.