1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 CFB Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jul 18, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Is that a new policy? In FY 17, which means the 2016 football season, the SEC distributed more money to Missouri, which went 4-8, than it did to Alabama. In FY 16, Vanderbilt (4-8) got more money from the SEC distributions than Alabama did.
    FY 17 is the most recent tax return I could find.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If Vandy goes 0-12 next year but stays clean and Tennessee goes 12-0 but is on postseason restriction, a bowl check gets sent to Nashville but not Knoxville.

Chef2 likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The TV revenue is where the money is anyway, from the New Year's Day top 6 bowls. Most teams don't even cover expenses on any of the other bowls so there's no money to share.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Doesn't help that the school has been a revolving door for presidents and chancellors the past decade, too.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't know if I'd agree with "far" more dysfunctional.

6. Neutral Corner

Even if they don't, only getting a share of the core $EC money isn't exactly falling below the poverty line

7. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

You can't spell inconsequential without UT

8. Neutral Corner

Gus to Knoxville? <EG>

As an aside, look for UAB's Mark Ingram to be a candidate for the AD job. He played center at UT, it's his dream job. He's done a nice job at UAB. I was not a fan, and he has greatly benefited from the formation of the UAB Football Foundation, but facilities across the board are substantially better than he found them. If I were an outsider looking in at before and after pictures I'd be impressed.

The chatter I'm hearing from UT fans seems to lean toward Lane Kiffen or Hugh Freeze, but that's anecdotal.

Sporting News: Nine potential candidates to replace Jeremy Pruitt at Tennessee

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Pruitt to Liberty, Freeze to Ole Miss and Kiffin to UT? One can dream...

Tennessee could do a lot worse than Herman.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This made me chuckle.

I'll be stunned. Stunned I tell you if this happens.

HanSenSE and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted