1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 Baseball Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 28, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Padres certainly aren't leaving much to chance. Joe Musgrove isn't a star, but he is certainly a good option as a fifth starter.

The Pirates aren't even trying to offer a facade of trying to compete. Musgrove just avoided arbitration by signing a one-year, $4.45 million contract. They had him under control for 2022 as well. Even after the Padres have dealt away so many prospects, Hudson Head is the only one the Pirates got back who was even among San Diego's top 10. The prospect they got from the Mets, Endy Rodriguez, wasn't among their top 10, either.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Lester to the Nats, a one-year deal.

I sat in Fenway and watched him pitch against the Nats - in 2006. Old dude (him as well as me), wonder if he has anything left.

3. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

they were able to get the best out of Kendrick and Cabrera - I imagine it will be the same for Lester.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Lester's smart and tough. If they use him carefully, he can be the kind of pitcher who gets hot for a month and carries a staff from out of nowhere. There will be days he gets shelled, you just have to factor those in as well.

5. Moderator1

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He’s gotta be gone. He’s not even denying it. Fucking scumbag.

That’s the headline, but man, Mets fans are gonna be apoplectic that, after finally getting an owner ready to spend, this dirtbag is going to derail their chances at assembling a championship roster. He got Lindor for nothing, and now he’s going to get fired and shouldn’t work in MLB again. His legacy should be fully written at this point. Fuck that guy.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

9. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Very hard to read the reporter's quotes about how the harassment affected her career.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Think I'd rather have Lucchesi

Mets acquire Padres starter Joey Lucchesi in three-team deal: reports

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

MileHigh and TigerVols like this.
  12. Moderator1

I'd say that's probably spot on

swingline, bigpern23, Webster and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted