1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The exact moment that Jason Whitlock stopped mattering

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thrilla_in_Vanilla, Sep 24, 2020.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Again... if you want this character to have any degree of believability you need to dial this shit back.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

who hits a hot stove?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Frederick does have a point. For a side of the political spectrum that is lacking in somewhat credible non-white voices - he could stake out a place of his own.

Fredrick likes this.
  4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

There may well be a market for another conservative commentator. Whitlock may be able to tap it. Though I think he needs a regular television or radio gig to make huge dollars.

But what makes Whitlock, in your view, a brilliant columnist. I think he erects straw men then slaps them down.

I do think he was a very good football writer.

5. PCLoadLetter

He was drawing a paycheck from Fox and couldn't make that happen, no matter how hard he danced for them.

You think he's going to do that independently?

It's worth remembering: as much as this place obsesses over every syllable uttered by Clay Travis and Jason Whitlock, they are both virtual non-entities in the public space. If Whitlock couldn't monetize his "We brothers all need to pull up our britches" politics under the Fox umbrella, there may not be much of a future for it.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Thankful I live in the metro NYC bubble and don't give the first fuck about any of these people.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Obsesses? Maybe you do.

8. PCLoadLetter

Really?

Read the posts around this place. The sheer number of "What would Clay Trumpist think?" posts is ridiculous.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

............. SoCal ...............

Yet, 16 pages .....

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

As Kissinger said of academe, the fights are so fierce because there's so little at stake.

This board has long had a moron du jour, and right now it happens to be Travis.

And he is not going to be vindicated by what is happening right now.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Used to be Mariotti. What happened to him?

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Travis may be a moron. Obsession? No, I don't see that here.

The board is (perhaps rightly?) obsessed with really two things: The virus, and this political moment. To the extent Travis and Whitlock interact with those topics is about the extent of the board's interest.

Draft saved Draft deleted