1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 11)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I’m fascinated by the story of Marine FC, the eighth-tier club that advanced to the third round of the FA Cup. They host Spurs today at their own ground at noon ET. Marine’s manager: Neil Young. :)

Marine are only sixth in their own league.

cjericho and Inky_Wretch like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

FA Cup is the best when minnows make deep runs. I hope it happens for Marine.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Marine 0 Tottenham 5. Thought it would be worse.

However, non-league side Chorley advance to the fourth round 2-0 over Derby County. And League 2 Crawley Town beat Leeds United 3-0.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I know that the OTT streaming service beast must be fed, but it sucks that United-Liverpool tomorrow is on Peacock rather than NBC or NBCSN. Would have gotten really good ratings and the type of match which could draw in a casual fan if it were well promoted.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I hate it. I mean I’ll watch anything Premier League. I’m watching Leeds and Brighton on a trash pitch. But I just don’t want another streaming service. And not just that, I can’t add it to my Apple TV box which means I’d have to but a new one (this was a gift) or stream it from my computer. The lag from WiFi stream to Bluetooth stream is bad.

Like you I get you have to draw people to the paid service some how and it won’t be with her dregs on that with the cream on tv. But Liverpool and United would have been fun.

7. Webster

We have signed up for pretty much every service and given that I used to pay $10 to watch a match in SD at a pub on First Avenue, the costs are annoying but not prohibitive.

8. Inky_Wretch

Moving matches to Peacock has really cut down my EPL viewing time.

9. Webster

I really like their pre and post match coverage, but most of the Champions League and Europa League matches on CBS All Access that I want to see are available on my cable system in Spanish.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Fulham’s reflective white banner behind the goal is just heinous to look at whenever Chelsea attacks

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Is that the one that reads "WE LIVE BY THE RIVER" and gives me huge Matt Foley vibes?

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

DON'T JOKE ABOUT THAT!!!! /RonClements_crossthread

Draft saved Draft deleted