1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-2021 NBA Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Beard may need to lose 15 but he looks great in offense with the Nets. Dishing it everywhere and getting past people with ease.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yeah, they look pretty darn smooth on offense. I think it will work (so long as Kyrie cooperates like Harden has).

KD looks like the best recovered achilles athlete I've ever seen (I completely ruptured mine and coming back to any sporting level is not easy).

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Why aren't NBA game shown on the networks on Saturdays. Is there a law prohibiting it, similar to the legislation that prohibits the NFL from scheduling games oN Saturday until the college football season has ended?

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Serious diss on Benoit Benjamin.

6. Songbird

LeBron scored 46 last night at Cleveland.

And nobody on Golden State played defense here ...

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

8. Songbird

Trae had 25 and 16 (assists) against the Lakers last night. Thru his first 160 games he's put together a nice resume:

Screenshot_20210202-155247_Chrome.jpg

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

And they still lost the trade.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm kind of "meh" on Young - I think he might be this generation's Ultimate Compiler. His defensive is atrocious - DRTG of 117, 117 and 113 - and the Hawks are 10-10. Because of his size, I think he's different than guys like Kyrie, who doesn't like to play defensive but can, or Harden and Curry, who's offense is so overwhelmingly good it can make up for lapses on defense. I think Young is more of a gunner like Monta Ellis with 3-point range. (So far, his PERs have been closer to the low 20s, which is more "fringe all-star" than "franchise guard.) I will also admit that I'm biased though, because in college I watched URI's Jared Terrell, a 10-day contract / up-and-down guy with the Wolves, shut him down in a NCAA tournament game.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Kyrie Irving has an unfair advantage. Gravity operates differently on a flat Earth, but only he knows how.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

VanFleet
    23 shots
    54 points

Draft saved Draft deleted